Friday, June 18, 2010

Happy Father's Day, Dad!

I had a rush of emotion today concerning my dad.

I am still working on my faith story but writing it has really made me miss Dad. His sickness is what gave me the faith I have today. His terrible suffering in life has given me the faith to keep hope. No loving, just God would ever make someone suffer the way my dad did without a purpose. And that is what gives me faith. That is what faith is. Complete trust.

It's been almost 4 years since Dad passed away. It has gone by in a finger snap. I miss him every day. Happy Father's Day, Dad! I know you are in a place far better than I. Say hi to my Heavenly Father for me!


2 comments:

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

What a beautiful tribute to your dad. You obviously loved each other very much and I am sure he is so proud of you. I can't wait to hear your faith story.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you were pretty close to your dad! I'm sure he's looking down on you from Heaven right now. :)
Can't wait to hear about your faith story! :)