Saturday, July 24, 2010

The battle rages on!

Thank you so much for praying for Liam. He is doing better. He went into surgery last night and they lanced and drained another spot, this time on his leg. It seems this spot was caused by the lancing on the initial spot and something they did with a saline injection. I don't know all the details but the surgeon is pleased that he now has two lesions draining. Lian had another round of IV antibiotics and he has oral antibiotics to take as well. His temp is staying down and he is doing well at this time. That being said, he does still have a staph infection and they are very unpredictable infections. His parents and my MIL are keeping a close eye on him and they live only minutes away from one of the best children's hospitals in Michigan.

Now we have another crisis happening, this time with my step-nephew. Jaime, pronounced HI-ME (his dad is Hispanic), is my step-sister's 16 year old son. He is a very talented long distance runner and he runs cross-country and track. He metaled at state as a freshman. This morning, while out for his daily run, he collapsed and lost consciousness. He was taken by ambulance to our local hospital and then air-lifted to the same hospital Liam was at yesterday. When I talked to my mom and step-dad, Jaime was in full cardiac arrest and had been put on a ventilator.

My parents were partway through the 3 hour drive home from vacation when they got the call about Jaime. They called us to get directions to the hospital, dropped off their camped, and headed out again. We had barely walked in the door when Mom called us.

I just don't know what to think! They say these things come in three's and I am praying nothing else happens to our loved ones. I am not close at all with my two step-sisters but I can't stand the thought of anything happening to any of their children. I feel so bad and so helpless! I am asking that you join me in prayer that Jaime will come out of this okay. Your prayers were amazing for Liam and I know God is listening to the prayer warriors!!

Gosh but I feel bad for my prayer buddy! Two crisis', two days apart. Sorry, buddy! I promise to return the prayers!

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Praying for both.
:(

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

Oh my gosh! Horrible! I am praying!!!

alliemich said...

Praying now for your crises (isn't that plural for crisis? and hoping all will work out :)

Kelly said...

I am praying and so sorry for this news.

Little JoAnn said...

I asked my husband to prayer for them BOTH. Oh, my goodness.

Anonymous said...

Praying for both of them!