Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Light at the end of the tunnel....

We were finally assigned an adoption worker and she came for a visit last week. We basically had to have another adoption orientation because we've been approved to adopt for over two years. We had to complete another application and financial statement, get background checks and physicals again and authorization releasing of employment information. Our approval still stands but they needed all our information updated.

She was a very nice person and she interacted with O more than any other worker we have had come visit. We really liked her but O was a bit shy around her. She asked him a few questions about himself and he was so funny about answering her. She asked what he liked best about himself and he hung his head and said "well, I'm really good at blowing bubbles". He's really good at a lot of things but he was too timid to speak up. That is a bit unusual for him but he has been really tired from starting school.

She is coming for another visit this week and we should know whether or not an appeal has been filed by either parent. Pending an appeal, her estimated time frame for finalization of the adoption is.........December or January!!!

So there is light at the end of this looooong tunnel. Our 16th wedding anniversary is coming up in just 3 weeks and we've been striving to become parents that entire time. We aren't going to change his first or middle names, just his last name and his social security number. My goal was to have his last name changed before they started learning to write it in school!
    *****************************************************************

I have an update about our other two little guys. They made the big move to their aunt's down in Indiana this past Saturday. She has been awarded guardianship of the two. I am excited about this situation because she and I went to school together and have always been friendly. She has already posted photos of the boys on FB (which she can do because it is a guardianship situation) and we have chatted about them as well. She sent me her address so I can mail the boys cards and notes and things. Little C told his aunt Sunday morning that he had a dream about my hubby racing his kayak. How cool is that? Aunt T said the boys still talk about  us and their "brother" that is living with us now. I love and miss the boys so much but I know being with family is preferred over foster parents. I pray for some permanence for them, however, because now it feels so temporary.

5 comments:

prayerfuljourney said...

Glad to hear that your wait for adopting "O" may not be too much longer!!! That is awesome that you were chosen to foster and are able to give that little boy a home that he deserves. Such a blessing!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Glad the other boys are in a good situation and SO glad to hear your adoption will be finalized soon!! Hooray!!

Julie said...

Glad that everything is moving along with O!

Jenny said...

That's wonderful! Continued prayers for O and you and your husband.

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! That's amazing:) I'm so glad that you are able to keep in contact with the other two boys.