Friday, May 28, 2010

Hug a Veteran

I woke up too darn early this morning! Eric and the boys left yesterday (Thursday) for camping . I had the whole bed, and house, to myself last night. And, I slept like crap. I missed the jingle of the boys tags when they change position on their beds on the floor next to me. I missed hearing E's breathing near me. I jumped awake at 4:42 after dreaming a dream too horrid to discuss. My point is, I miss my hubby and my boys when they are away. They are rarely away and I am oh, so thankful for that!
******************************************************************************
I'm heading up north tonight after work to take my share of relaxation this weekend. Saturday night Mom and I are heading down south of camping but north of home for dinner with BFF's from high school S and D and D's mom, and my good friend, too, K. Then, we're heading up to the casino to see the Nelson twins perform their tribute show for their dad, Ricky Nelson!! Our good friend from high school, Brian, is their drummer for the tour! Woo-hoo!! It's always fun to see Brian perform. He's so talented and a great entertainer. He played with a local band last summer at my friend's 40th birthday party and it was so cool! I imagine on this tour he really needs to tone things down a bit as he gets quite wild on that drum set of his.

The rest of the weekend shall be devoted to relaxing and doing nothing. I may hit the resale store across the road from the campground and see if I can find anything good. I may run downtown and hit the antique barn that is there. And I'm sure I'll have to go the grocery store and Ben Franklin there. The great thing is, I'll have time to do all those things and more on my three day weekend!

Happy Memorial Day to everyone and be sure to thank and hug a veteran. I will when I sleep next to mine again tonight!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh my I am soooo jealous!!! I love ALL the Nelsons ... and especially Ricky Nelson!!! And the youngest Nelson, Sam, is a pretty good singer too... and looks just like his dad! Yep, I was born in the wrong era! Ozzie and Harriet was one of my favorite shows growing up!!! Ha ha!! Have a great time!