Monday, May 17, 2010

Nervousness.....

Well, this is it! It's the night before our home study and I think the house is ready. I'm not sure I'm ready but the house is. I am a bit of a wreck. Not that I should be but the nervousness is definitely there. I hope the dogs behave. I hope we aren't turned down because our house is 90 years old and needs new siding. I hope I can get out of work before 1pm.

I don't think I'll sleep tonight! I think I'll take two Ben.adryl's!

My boss has been aw-ful lately! I am praying like a crazy lady about what to do about my job. I am contemplating quitting when we are matched with our child. My uncle owns a construction company and he is unhappy with his bookkeeper. He has offered me the job but he knows I cannot make a decision until closer to our placement. I don't know what to do so I am leaving it in God's hands. I am fine with quitting as long as I can supplement E's income in some way. The job with my uncle would be part-time and I can bring our child with me when I do his bookwork. I would have to go on job bids with my uncle but they are only once in awhile for a few hours at a time. I'm praying for guidance on this one!

I have almost 12 years on my job and I think it is bugging my boss that I won't be her beck-and-call-girl once I become a mother. She knows I will always put my child first.

What to do, what to do. I guess before I make any big decision we better be completely approved to adopt first! Wish us luck tomorrow! I know I won't sleep!!

6 comments:

Sew said...

SUE HER and then sit your butt at home! hahaha

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this! You are going to love your homestudy visit! Just tell her everything and BAM you are done! ;)

Have fun! It will be a good time!

alliemich said...

good luck with the homestudy, just be yourself and let your personality shine through and all will be great!!!

prayerfuljourney said...

I remember being nervous about our homestudy visit but it was no big deal. I scrubbed for nothing. THe SW walked around..checked our smoke detectors, checked the temp of our water, and a few other things. Good luck and I'll be praying that it goes well!

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

Praying for you for tomorrow!! :)

some how, some way, some day said...

PJ, they check smoke detectors? I'll send DH out for new batteries this am. I know we took the battery out of the one in the office because the steam from the shower kept setting it off!

Sew, I've thought about that! The way she is treating me is so illegal! Telling me when I can and cannot have time off. She wouldn't be doing that if I was PG!

Grace in my Heart said...

Haha, I did the same thing to my hub about the smoke detectors!!! :) I hope the meeting went well...I'm sure it did!