Friday, August 20, 2010

Man-blog?

I had to laugh out loud with my husband last night.

I was in the living room reading the paper with a giant dog in my lap. DH was on the computer just typing away. It is rare for him to type a little bit let alone a lot so I was intrigued. I asked him from the couch, "what are you typing?". He replied, "Oh, I started a blog". "What?" I yelled as I threw the very large dog out of my lap and ran for the office. "Yeah, I started my own blog. It's called 'Husband of a wife who blogs too much'. We have our own group of husbands. M's husband, Sew's husband, Ree's husband...." (You can see who I talk about the most, haha!) He just burst out laughing-he can never keep a straight face when he's pulling a prank! I had to laugh, too. I asked him if indeed I did spend too much time on the blogs. He assured me no, I was fine.

He was really e-mailing a buddy from his Navy years but I told him he really sould start his own blog as long as he changed the title.

8 comments:

Megan said...

:) This is hilarious! I tell my husband that it is one of my hobbies, and he has to be fine with it since he coaches high school lacrosse, is getting his masters, plays basketball every week, etc. :) haha

More Than Anything said...

My husband would join that group!! I may not blog as much myself, but I spend a WHOLE LOT of time reading everyone elses.

I love the bloggers!!

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

This is too funny! Your DH is a hoot! On a serious note though, my DH (Mr. B) is the complete opposite of me and spends hardly anytime online - and could go days without being on it. So, yes, we have had the discussion about my choice to blog, read others, etc. and honestly I have asked him to hold me accountable to better limits - like getting off at 8:15pm each night because I NEED to get to bed before 9:30 in order get good sleep - because I get up at 5:30 (and I would like to build in time for prayer before bed, etc.). I also found that I haven't been reading as much in terms of real books and I want to get back to that. So anyway, this post is super relevant and I am curious to see how this new schedule will go. Have a good weekend!

Jenny said...

Too funny!!!! They should start a husbands of bloggers support group!!! I'm sure my DH would totally join!! Hahahahha!!!

Anonymous said...

ha! i think he should start a blog! that's too funny.

JellyBelly said...

I've asked my husband to do a guest post, but he's not exactly chomping at the bit!

But I do agree that there may need to be a support group for blogger husbands, at least the ones who only have one computer in the household!

Anonymous said...

So funny! my hubby thinks I blog waaay to much and he would never do a guest spot on mine, even though I have told him other men do it too! lol :)

Danya @ He Adopted Me First said...

Oh how funny! You got a good one! I think my hubs would start one for sure. It'd be hilarious to see what they wrote...(man voice)...hey...uh....how's it going...