Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I made it

I made it! I survived spending the entire day with my boss, three hours of it in the car, and it was actually quite pleasant. We even talked about that taboo subject: adoption!

She asked a lot of questions about our different options and I came to the realization that her comments and questions were completely coming from ignorance. She didn't understand the process. She didn't understand me and my feelings and my strengths and my weaknesses. She didn't understand that no matter what happens, whether it is a disruption or a rough placement or a failed adoption, I will be okay!

Through the grace of God alone, I will be okay.

I'm sure we're not out of the woods yet. I'm sure there will still be things said that will hurt me but I know she has my best interest at heart. She has told me that before but my own insecurities made it hard to believe. I believe it now but I just have to remember!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Sounds like God was working! :) I'm so glad!

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

YAY!!!

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

Awesome! I was wondering how the car ride went! What are you guys up to this weekend - I hope you have fun, whatever you do! ;)

Danya @ He Adopted Me First said...

You will be okay sister! God's grace is ALWAYS with you...no matter what.

alliemich said...

Bless your heart....I pray your adoption/placements will be as smooth as silk. GOd bless you!!