I had a great day today. Actually, it's been a great week.
I took Thursday and Friday off so I could help with my cousin H if needed. My uncle had his surgery Tuesday and came home Wednesday and he is doing great. The cancer was isolated to the prostate and they could not see any spread. Yay for them! Since he is doing so well H has not been over.
Thursday hubby and I ran errands and yesterday I stayed home and vegged. Today I picked my mom up at 9:30 and we spent the day shopping and had lunch. It was a nice day and Mom and I should do it more often.
When I got home I unloaded my bags, played with the dogs and then got the mail. And, there it was. An envelope from DHS. With our foster license and our ID cards. It finally came!!!
We went out to dinner tonight with my Aunt M and Uncle W to celebrate. They have 3 children, one of which is from China. They have been our biggest cheerleaders during the whole adoption process. They are our age and are our best friends.
All in all, it was a great day!
Jane 23
5 months ago

4 comments:
So glad that everything went well with your Uncle!
And hooray for the paperwork!!! So excited for you!!!! :)
Yeah for Uncle!!! Sounds like you had a great few days. That is great that you got that paperwork in the mail. Watch out foster care / adoption world - here you come! I am so excited for you guys!
Great news all the way around!! Yay!!!
What a great day! :) I am super excited for you! :)
Post a Comment