Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Guilty as charged

I only have a couple minutes so I want to quickly let you know how court went. Mom lost. She was found guilty on all the items in the petition. However, reunification is still the goal. They will schedule another hearing in about 90 days. They have also granted C's dad unsupervised visits once a week BUT he lives 4 hours away. We'll have to transport C half way. That means C will spend 8 hours in the car every weekend. That also means D will have to spend 8 hours in the car on the weekends my hubby works. I don't mind the driving but it sucks that we don't get mileage for these trips. I also hate that we'll be running so much. Mom will be getting a 2nd visit each week, possibly in her home. So that is 3 parent visits in 7 days, one an overnighter. 4 days of transporting. And we both work full time.

My hubby says enough is enough. He hates the system, hates how much of this is dumped on the foster parents. He hates the constant juggling.  The kids are horrible for 2 days after seeing their mom. Now we get to deal with it twice a week. He wants the kids moved, wants his life back. In a way I do too but I'm not sure how my life will go on with a hole in my heart.

4 comments:

Julie said...

oh my!

The system is surely faulty! It is so sad.

We have been foster certified for almost a year (June 14th) and have never had a child placed in our home. I am sad a lot about it, but when I read your blog, I think maybe God knows I could not handle it.

Praying for peace and joy in your family. God's Will Be Done!

Jenny said...

This is unbelievable. I don't know what state you're in, but if the mom lost on all counts, why on earth would they let the kids visit in her home?? Things have been going strange with our kids' case lately. We know that things can change in the blink of an eye, so we have no expectations except to just keep our daily schedule with the kids until we're told differently. Sigh. Prayers going up for you all.

Jenny said...

Also, you don't get mileage reimbursement?? Not cool. :(

some how, some way, some day said...

Jenny, their mom said last night that the parent trainer will be supervising the visits. We live in Michigan and the state is so short on social workers. They offered early-out to save money and didn't replace the retiring workers. I am going to try to get our agency to do the transporting. I don't like the idea of the kids being in the car for 8 hours every weekend. If we transport we'll have to take D for the ride, too. I want to avoid that if I can. It's all such a mess!