Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I'll be okay....

I seriously have only 5 minutes or so so I'll make this short and sweet. C's dad has a custody hearing tomorrow (Thursday) at 4pm with Friend of the Court. If he wins, C will be leaving us. I have mixed emotions. In my mind I have known that these boys most likely won't become available for adoption. I have kept myself somewhat detached. There were several times, times that were rough, where I thought to myself that I couldn't wait until they leave. I think it's been a defense mechanism or something. Then there are times, times when my heart takes over, when I think I want them to stay forever. I have to remind myself that they are not my children and they most likely never will be.

Family, friends, acquaintances - they all ask if I'll be okay if the boys leave. Yes, I will be okay. God has seen to it that I am always okay. I won't ever be the same, but I'll be okay. I'll let you know how things turn out tomorrow. It may not be for a few days because I may be packing up a little boy to move on. Say a prayer for him, that whatever happens is what is best for him. Only God knows and I hope he shares his wisdom with a certain judge tomorrow.

5 comments:

Made For Another World said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog ;) I have a good friend who is in a very similar situation. All I can say is that you have given him a precious, amazing gift and your love will touch him forever. Praying for you during this tough time.

A Martha trying to be Mary said...

Praying that what is best for this little boy happens.

Karey said...

Praying for you all...

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

Dear Lord, hear our prayers. Bless this child and this family.

I am praying...

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

Ah M, I wish I lived closer and I could just give you a hug. I have no doubt, you have been the best mother these boys could have hoped for during these times of transition and what a blessing for them to have you in their lives. I will be praying for whatever decisions are made over the next few days. ((Hugs))