I have good news! We have another foster placement!! Even better for us, this one could be permanent. The petition for termination has already been filed.
He's been with us just a few days but all is going good. He is 4 years old and coming to us from a severe neglect situation. Someone has been working with him though, possibly at preschool. He's smart; knows his colors, shapes, ABC's and 123's and can even read a little. Four years old! He's 42 lbs and 42 inches tall. Wearing a 5T or boys 5/6. And, he's a green-eyed redhead! My own little ginger:)
He has never had a man in his life. Dad hasn't been in the picture and, apparently, Mom hasn't had boyfriends. Little Man spent the last couple days one on one with E. I went to work and E stayed home so they could bond and build trust. It seems to have been a good decision on our part.
Next week Little Man will start daycare with the same provider our first kids had. She is super excited to have us back. We chose daycare over my MIL this time since he really needs socialization. He's on the waiting list for preschool but after meeting the teacher yesterday she moved him to the top. She talked with him a little and she thinks he'll be able to start kindergarten in the fall. His attention span and focus needs work but our daycare can help with that too. She does focus activities and had a pretty strict schedule and routine. That's what he certainly needs!
Everything is falling into place perfectly, including the timing of the termination. His CW is pushing for termination ASAP (he's been removed 3 times) and she knows we want to adopt. She considers us a great match for him and he doesn't have other family stepping up. He is a real trooper but we have our work cut out for us. He's been on his own for too long and he has had no structure.He's pretty easily redirected and corrected but it is exhausting on our part. Hopefully we will see improvement daily.
I guess that's it for now! I'll keep you all posted as time goes on. My heart is torn because I know in order for us to adopt him another mother will be loosing him. I know it's in his best interest not to go back.
Jane 23
5 months ago

7 comments:
What fantastic news!!! Praying all goes smoothly and he has an easy transition. Praying it will be permanent!
Wow..that is so wonderful that you are willing to take this boy in and work with him. He needs a good home. I think it would be in his best interest to stay in the same preschool where he was before...he probably has friends in that class.
That is great that he has basic concept knowledge...keep working with him on those concepts at home...children this age grow so much when parents work with the children at home!
BTW: It's very typical for a boy his age to have problems with focusing. Boys love to be active. I know...I'm a prek teacher and I'm always working on making my classroom active for the boys! It's work but it's what I have to do to keep the boys out of trouble.
Keep us posted on how everything is going.
What wonderful news!!!!!!
Wow. Praying he is in your family forever!
You and E are so prepared already from having those 2 boys for such a long time. You know the fostering route is NOT an easy one. I know that God has a plan for you family. Praying this Little Man thrives in your home!
That is wonderful! I am thrilled for you!!!
Aw.. I love gingers! ;) This is great news. Praying for you all!
Where the hell have I been?
Wow! That is so sad and so great!
I bet it is exhausting! I can't imagine!
Post a Comment