Friday, March 19, 2010

I have heard the call

I was so excited to get a phone call yesterday! Actually, I answered my work phone a hundred times yesterday but it was the call on my cell phone that got me really fired up! And you know what? I couldn't answer it. So it had to go to voice mail. I wouldn't even have known it rang if I hadn't forgot to turn it back off after lunch. But guess who it was? Our case worker, Suzanne!!!! And I was too busy at work to call her back! I hate my job. It is really starting to interfere with my life. I need to figure out how to become a stay-at-home-wife soon to be a stay-at-home-mom.

Anyway, I have been up since 5:30 so I can be totally ready for work when the agency opens at 8am. The message Suzanne left was that she wanted to schedule our orientation. We have to go into their office and talk about adoption and our expectations and go over what children are available in the state. With my husbands training schedule and my meeting schedule I am hoping we can get down there in the next couple of weeks.

I saw one little boy on Ma.re last night! Kenny is four years old and he was just listed yesterday. He has no physical, mental or learning impairments and mild emotional impairments. He has a smile that would brighten the sun! He looks a bit like my cousin's little boy. We shall see!

My boss told me last night not to fall in love with the first child I meet and here I go getting all attached to a profile. We have at least three months or so before our home evaluation will be complete so I'm sure this little guy will be placed before then. I pray for that because I hate seeing kids on this list. I am overjoyed when I see they have been adopted.

I always wanted to experience pregnancy and I am still a little sad that I won't. At least, I don't plan on it at this point. God may surprise me yet. Anyway, I wanted those nine months to feel a child developing inside me. I wanted the ability to nurture a little human from the very start. To be able to pray over a baby's development and well being. I have started praying for these children on this site. There are over 300 listed from the ages 3 to 17. All levels of impairment from none to severe. I want the child that we do adopt to know that I began praying for him or her the minute I saw their profile. I may not be able nurture a child from conception but I will certainly begin at first sight.
*************************************************************************************

I have been struggling with my printer since I started this post 22 minutes ago. I finally got it to print! I wanted to print Kenny's profile!

No comments: