So, I mailed our adoption application yesterday. It is on it's way to the agency! The ball is rolling!
We haven't told any of our family. We haven't told any of our friends. I did tell my boss last night when we were on our after work walk but that was only because I will need time off here and there to do all the things we'll need to do. She seemed supportive but we'll see when I actually have to take a day off how supportive she really is. We have worked together for almost 12 years. She has seen our struggle first hand.
I have an excellent resource in K, a girl I went to high school with. I sent her a quick note on FB asking for any advice she could give us. K and her husband adopted a 12 year old girl about five years ago. Then 2 years ago they adopted brothers, ages 2 and 3. They have experienced what we will experience, and the some. I don't think we'll start out with a 12 year old but I admire their courage in starting that way.
Her advice to me was to guard my heart. They had their hearts broke several times before they adopted their daughter. Then they had their hearts broke several more times before they adopted their boys. K said not all adoptive parents went through what they went through but many do. They had some very tough times having to give up children they connected with.
I pray that God will spare us any more hurt. We took 12 years to reach this point and I pray that he will make our adoption(s) smooth and easy for us.
Jane 23
5 months ago

1 comment:
that is one thing I can't get out of my mind - the fear of adoption, open adoptions, broken adoptions, failed adoptions, waiting, waiting, waiting. it is so stressful!
Post a Comment