Monday, December 6, 2010

Okay?

This will be real quick as I am still processing. Birth mom got back together with her abusive boyfriend and they have decided to parent. Okay.

Another case worker has chosen us for 2 children, a boy and girl, ages 8 and 5. Suddenly their foster parents have decided to consider adopting. They would like to keep the children through the holidays and decide after the first of the year. Okay.

My case worker promised me today she will keep looking for a match for us. And she made me promise I will never let anyone say adoption is easy in front of me and not correct them. She understands our pain. She knows this journey has been so hard on us. And, she knows we're not giving up. Okay? Okay!

6 comments:

Megan said...

Ugh. :( I'm so sorry. Praying for you!

Rebecca Frech said...

I'm so sorry. This should not be so hard.

prayerfuljourney said...

I know where you are coming from...in this situation you can't give up hope...that is what my dh keeps reminding me..if we never said "yes"...we'd have nothing...I get it but that doesn't make the pain any less. Woo hoo's for understanding S.Ws. God bless.

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

Oh, wow. I will pray that something breaks your way, soon. The child(ren) will be so blessed.

Anonymous said...

gosh, thank you so much for writing about the adoption process like it is. we all need to be forewarned and i sincerely appreciate your honesty in how it really is.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!