I should have griped sooner! Our SW called today and they want us to attend a parenting class on Friday May 21st and Saturday the 22nd from 9am to 3pm. It is being held in a town just over an hour south of us. They also want to get our home study scheduled as soon as possible. Isn't that just awesome?????? I am so excited!!
Our SW commended us on the terrific job we did on completing our paperwork. I guess my "full disclosure" didn't hurt us one bit!
************************************************************************
While I am excited for us I am so sad and pissed as well. On the other side of things we had an absolute tragedy happen in my little old hometown. Actually, it happened 8 miles to the west in the town where I work but I consider both places my hometown. A completely innocent, 7 year old child was raped and stabbed by her mother's boyfriend this morning. She was brutally attacked and then murdered while her mother and her two younger siblings slept in the next room. The lousy bastard then turned the knife on himself and committed suicide. The mother found him before he died. He confessed to raping and killing her daughter. He said he stabbed her before she could tell on him. What a lousy bastard. I get so upset about any form of sexual abuse and domestic violence. The people who commit these horrendous acts are complete cowards. I hope this man burns in hell for all eternity. This is no forgiveness for an act like this. I cannot help how I feel on this subject. and I'll leave it at that. God bless that poor little soul and her grieving family.
Jane 23
5 months ago

4 comments:
So exciting!!!! That is wonderful! You just might get approved quicker them me! hahaha
Thank God vengenace is the Lord's! He is more merciful to handle something like that!!
Yikes...that is horrible what that man did to his girlfriends daughter...she must have been terrified. Gosh..I've heard many stories of boyfriends/girlfriends killing the others children. IT's sad. Those acts of violence are just beyond my comprehension. Like you said...God bless that girl's family.
Good news on the adoption front. I found our adoption classes to be informative and we met some interesting couples.
It is so hard to think of forgiveness when something like that happens. I remember. Feeling the same way when 'lester st murders rocked Memphis last year. A man's brother killed him all of his brothers children except one who was viciously wounded and id-ed him from lebonheur. So tragic.
So excited for you guys! I'm glad everything is getting going so fast for you.:)
Sucks about that little girl. Its sickening that people can treat children this way. But it is comforting to know that the Lord has his own way of dealing with scum like that.
Post a Comment