So I get home from work tonight and the kitchen is trashed and I mean trashed. My hubby made his world famous, home-made spaghetti sauce. Okay, so it's not world famous and the recipe changes every single time he makes it but it is very good. Anyway, I looked at that mess and just walked away. There was no way I could tackle that the minute I got home tonight. So instead, I got on the computer a wrote a therapeutic little e-mail to my good friend Joy beyond the Cross. I felt much better after composing my little note to her.
I would have made him clean it up but he had already left for his Friday night basketball game over at the middle school. He plays ball with my uncle and his brother-in-law, some of my cousins and some other guys who are friends of the family. So, he's at ball and I'm playing around on Face.book. I had cleaned up the mess in the kitchen so I could relax a little bit. My cousin's wife suddenly comes on and says her husband just got his nose broke at basketball. I typed, "Oh, I hope he's okay and I hope my hubby wasn't involved!" She types back that her hubby text her "I just broke my nose, E did it, don't ask". Oh man!!! Now I am not married to a mean man or a brute. But he is a very big man and a very good athlete. He is 6' 4" and 290 lbs. He played hockey, basketball, football and wrestled all through high school. In his adult years he has played hockey, basketball and he runs and bike rides for miles on end. He is strong and quick and competitive and my poor cousin's nose has paid the price tonight!
Oh well, we can't control what our husbands and kids do sometimes any more than we can control the weather!
I have a very whiny dog tonight. I think I'll go snuggle with him for awhile. As long as I don't need to run anyone to ER tonight, that is!! Have a great weekend. I'll post pics on Monday of my hubby and I at our nephew and God-son's baptism on Sunday!
UPDATE: My uncle also got his pinky broke tonight. Again, my hubby was involved. He's really not a mean guy but he is a brick wall when someone runs into him. I think he needs to learn to shoot outside the perimeter. He hurts people when he's under the net! My cousin is having surgery next week to repair the damage done to his nose. My hubby feels terrible!
Jane 23
5 months ago

3 comments:
I found this post amusing..haaa....so your dh leaves the mess probably thinking "I'll get to it later." like after he plays b-ball. That is something my dh would do..of course, my dh doesn't cook except for the egg and bacon sandwiches he enjoys. I do all the cooking in this household and all the dishes. One night he promised to do the dishes and around mid-night I had to turn on my nag-o-meter until he did it. :) Works every time. I can't go to bed with a sink full of dirty dishes. Not happening.
Yikes about your cousin's broken nose! I hope it heals soon.
Oh my! I had an inkling something was up when I saw your update on FB! Ouch! I hope it heals okay! Last summer Mr. B was in the garage one evening and then all of a sudden he comes in yelling "get some paper towels, come quick" and I come running to the front door and he is standing there with blood running down his face. I couldn't tell if it was his ear, nose, mouth, etc. Finally, I figured out it was his nose and he didn't come inside for fear of getting blood on the carpet, so he lays down on the front step until we got the blood under control. Turns out he had sliced his nose on the card door - I am not making this up. (Don't ask me how!) Anyway, I recommended we go to the ER to get stitches and Mr. B said "no, I don't need stitches!". I said that it would leave a scar if he didn't get stitches, and he replied "that is only cosmetic, I don't need stitches." So, yes he has a nice scar and I think of that incident often when I see the scar. I hope your cousin heals quickly! God Bless and have a great weekend!
AHH! Boys will be Boys hu? My hubby and his friend were wrestling in the house and broke our window! The things we put up with... :)
Post a Comment