Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Port au Prince

I am hurting from the horrible earthquake in Haiti. Our church helps support the School of the Infant Jesus and the Provincial House orphanage in Port au Prince, Haiti. I am pained thinking of the devastation to those children. I have never been on a mission to the school and orphanage but many from our church have including my best friends mother. She had spoke many times to us about possibly adopting from Haiti. She herself has wanted to bring children home from her trips to visit the school and orphanage. The time just hasn't been right for us. When will it be? If we had adopted from Haiti one less child would have died yesterday. The devastation is beyond any scope of my imagination. The darkness, the fear, the cries to be rescued and then the silence. I cannot fathom their loss, their pain both physical and mental. My heart truely goes out to all affected by this disaster and my prayers go to heaven. Now, I need to do more. Now is the time.

2 comments:

prayerfuljourney said...

Everytime I turn on the news and I see what is going on over there I just feel so down and sad. However this news reminds me how good we have it in this country and eventhough our economy stinks..it's better than what some have. I also appreciate seeing all the volunteers going over to assist and all the countries that are banding together to bring food and aide. IT's amazing how so many have come together and for me, it's very uplifting. I know the help is a little too late for some but in the long run...it's going to help so many. I ,also, pray for the children.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

Ugh...when stuff like this happens, I just don't know how to make sense of it. But then, I remember, we are not supposed to waste precious time trying to make sense of it...but instead I can pray and contribute monitarily, but still seems so little. Lord have mercy on the Haitian people and all those that suffer!