Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Born to be a daddy

I have failed to mention how awesome my husband has been through all of this. Truly amazing! His schedule rotates so he works every other weekend. This week he has Monday and Tuesday off, works Wednesday and Thursday, and has Friday, Saturday and Sunday off. Next week the only days he has off will be Wednesday and Thursday.

He was on his own yesterday with the boys. We got them up together a little after 7 and got them breakfast. I laid out their clothes, kissed them all good-bye and headed out for work. He got their teeth brushed, their hair settled down and then got them dressed. He had some errands to run so they got to go to the courthouse to change his payroll deduction and then to the department for a car-seat check (which the woman wouldn't do, boo to his co-worker). The boys got to meet so many people that E works with and they each got a sucker at the courthouse. They he brought them to see me at my work. The members that were in the lobby were so thrilled for me!

The balance of the day was spent at E's parents. They went sledding down the hill and got to be pulled back up the hill behind the snowmobile. They each got to ride the snowmobile with E and then play on the big swing-set, too. My MIL sent me pictures, I so wish I could share them with you!

E said this is so much easier than he thought it would be. I think it helps that we have such great boys. My MIL said they are better behaved than her bio grand kids!
Oh, and he changed his first poopy diaper yesterday, too!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I love reading your posts! Wow, life is changing so much for you right now!

WheelbarrowRider said...

Yeah for dh, he sounds like he just eased right into that role! Love it! My dh is awesome with our 2 year old, it is our fav age so far. I can see why 2 and 4 would really be ideal ages to start with!