Well, maybe you will. I seem to have the worst luck. And my bad days are really bad.
Today was pretty rough.
But, you gals just get it! You feel what I feel. Wait until you read this:
E sent me a text on lunch saying "our kids" were off the site. He thought it was because we had been matched with them. I had to break it to him that it meant the kids were matched with someone else. I told him we have to actually meet the kids before we are considered for adoption. He got it then. The foster parents have decided to adopt. Sigh. How nice that we find out from seeing the children removed from the list rather than our caseworker, who we have not heard from in almost a month.
Then, I get back from lunch and hear the girls all talking. From the gist of their conversation I deduce that our new coworker is pregnant. Great. I now work with 3 pregnant women. Please, just shoot me now! One is due the end of February, the next is due mid March and the new one is due in June. Yay...lucky me. Keep in mind, there are only 7 employees in our office. Two have had hysterectomies, 3 are pregnant, 1 just graduated high school and then there is me. The infertile one. The one that gets to hear all day long from our members, "be careful...it might be contagious, har,har". Yuck, yuck. I want to punch someone.
Jane 23
5 months ago

5 comments:
That's what sucks about small offices! :( I wish I had a good suggestion, other than stewing in silence ... Usually that's what I do. Hopefully God has a special place in heaven b/c for all our "penance" on earth.
-Amanda
Oh no! I am soo sorry. What is up with this caseworker? Good grief. I remember when I worked at my last job and "everyone" was pregnant but me. My eyes are rolling now just thinking about the; "It's in the water" comments. Brutal.
M - I am sorry. Seriously, maybe you could add some "sensitivity" in the water as well for the next few months! :) Hey, I asked God for a pretty bold prayer for you and E and I am going to hold him to it!!! Well, I mean I will keep praying about it! Love ya!
Hey - any interest in meeting half-way sometime and going to visit that new Marian apparation in WI? I am not sure how far that would be for you. But it would be fun to do a blogger meet-up near there. I know of one other blogger that lives near there. Just a thought!
Ugh. That is the WORST to be around. Then people judge you because you can't "just be happy" for all the OTHER pregnant people. Wish I had some brilliant advice, but all I can say is good luck! :)
How frustrating...it's so hard to be reminded of it the entire time you're at work. The girl in the cube right next to me is pregnant too so I can relate.
Post a Comment